Proper haircare routine is as important as your skincare routine, right steps in your routine can help you achieve those healthy locks you always wished for!
10 most asked questions on haircare
How do i take care of my hair?
- Right hair care starts from proper diet, two most crucial things in your diet are iron and protein. Including iron rich foods like green leaves , fish and cereals etc helps hair cells grow fast, while proteins helps strengthen it.
- Wash your hair and scalp with paraben and sulphate free shampoo twice or thrice a week.
- Shampoo your scalp not the ends of your hair.
- Give your head a rejuvenating massage as you shampoo to encourage blood circulation.
- Wash your hair with cold water, AVOID HOT WATER.
- Use a conditioner according to the hair type post shampooing your hair.
- Apply conditioner only on hair and ends, putting it on roots and scalp can make it greasy.
- Air dry your hair
- Use less of heat styling tools.
- Brush your hair twice a day.
How often should i wash my hair?
Washing your hair everyday is a big mistake!
- Those who have dry hair should only wash their hair once or twice a week as washing more can strip natural oil of your hair away.
- Those who have greasy scalp can wash their hair on alternate days.
- Don’t overwash coloured hair as its can dull the colour.
Why is conditioning my hair important ?
Many women just skip on conditioner, thinking its greasy, short etc… skipping
- Conditioner is to enhance the state of your hair.
- Conditioner is designed to smooth your hair cuticle and make it shinier and soft
- Conditioning moisturizes and strengthens hair.
- You need to choose conditioner according to your hair type, wrong conditioner can make your hair look greasy and can weigh your hair down.
How to choose the right conditioner?
- Know your hair type
- Oily / limp hair – Choose conditioners which are labeled as volumizing, fortifying and strengthening, never go for something labeled nourishing and moisturizing as these can weigh your hair down.
- Dry / brittle hair – Look for labels like damage repairing, frizz control, extra nourinshing.
- Curly hair – Look for conditioners specifically for curly hair.
How to grow hair faster and longer?
Our hair grows half an inch in a month on average, and we loose around 100 to 150 hair strands a day, which is normal! So here is how we can grow our hair faster and longer.
- Include Biotin and protein rich food in your diet for eg. Almonds, Peanuts, Walnuts, Eggs, Salmon and Sardines, cucumbers etc.
- Apply coconut oil or bhringraj oil.
- Try INVERSION METHOD
- End your shower with cold water to close your porest, this will protect your scalp from dirt, grease and oil and make it shed less hair.
- Make sure you include plenty of greens in your diet like spinach and broccoli.
What are the causes of Dandruff ?
- Dandruff can be caused due to dry skin, skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema, sensitivity to hair care products.
- Stress, hormonal imbalances, oily scalp are also the causes of dandruff.
- Less water consumption
- yeast growth on scalp causes scaly scalp
How can i reduce dandruff?
- Drink plenty of water
- Massage your scalp with coconut oil, olive oil. You can mix few drops essential oils like tea tree oil and lemon grass oil to the carrier oil.
- Change your hair care products
- check your stress level
- Include omega-3 foods into your diet for eg. salmon and chia seeds
- Massage a mix of apple cider vinegar and water on scalp for 5 minutes wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Apply mix of yogurt and lemon onto scalp and wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Avoid shampoos with parabens, sodium laureth or lauryl sulfate.
How to get rid of split ends and hair breakage?
- Regularly trim your hair
- Deep condition your hair once a month
- Use leave in conditioners.
- Never comb wet hair.
Should I leave my hair open or tie it up while I sleep?
This differs from person to person!
- For those with long straight hair , – tie a loose pony or braid, but never leave it open.
- for those with curly hair just make a loose bun at top of your head.
- Never sleep with wet hair.
- Dont tie it tight as as it might pull the hair strands and lead to breakage.
How to make my hair smell good?
- Keep your scalp and hair clean
- Use good hair serums and dry shampoos.
These are the most asked questions on my social handles! I hope you find this useful and if you have more queries , feel free to ask in the comment section.