Pores are those tiny dots you see on your skin, they are basically hair follicles which contains sebaceous glands to produce sebum for your skin.
The most common questions I get about pores on my social handles are ” how to make my pores appear smaller? How to shrink my pores size?”
Here are few things you need to know about your pores
- We have two kinds of pores on our skin, Hair follicles & sweat glands. Hair follicles are larger in size than sweat glands and tends to get blocked easily.
- Sun exposure makes your pores look larger. UV Rays weakens the collagen production and decreases elasticity of the skin and make the pores appear larger. So never skip your sunscreen!
- Your Pores never open & close. They only shrink.
- Improper food habits can increase the sebum production, leading to larger pores.
- Ageing affects your pores size. Ageing skin gets drier and has decreased production of proteins like elastin & collagen which keeps the skin tight & supple.
- Hormonal changes during mensuration, ovulation, pregnancy, breastfeeding & menopause can affect your pore size & make them look larger.
- Washing your face more can make your skin dry & irritates the skin which makes your pores appear larger.
Two effective & easy home remedies for large pores :
Egg white face pack
Mix one egg white with two tsp of powdered oats & one tsp of lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Apply it evenly on your skin, leave in on for 20 mins and wash it off with normal water.
Multani Mitti or Fuller’s earth face pack
Mix Multani Mitti or Fullers earth with rose water (for oily skin) or Milk (dry skin) in to a smooth paste and apply it evenly on skin. Wash it off with normal water once it’s dries completely.