What are blackheads?
Blackheads are dark & tiny lesions on skin basically clogged pores or hair follicles. Whiteheads are clogged closed pore and blackheads are plugged open pore.
What causes blackheads?
- Hormonal changes
Changes in hormone levels triggers excess sebum production. Hormone fluctuations happen during puberty, mensurations & pregnancy.
- Excess production of skin cells
- Oily skin
- Hair removal, shaving your skin can open the hair follicles
- Not removing makeup
Cleansing your skin too much can strip away oils and moisture from skin causing sebaceous glands to produce more oil.
- Bacteria on skin
EFFECTIVE DIY FACE SCRUB FOR BLACKHEADS
- 1 Tablespoon oatmeal
- 1 Tablespoon yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon orange peel powder
- Steam your face for 5 mins before you apply the scrub
- Mix all the ingredients into a smooth paste
- Apply evenly all over your clean face
- Mildly scrub the infected areas well in a circular motion
- Leave it on for 5 mins
- Wash it off with cold water.