Oily Skin? Sticky face? Greasy makeup? Breakouts? I have been through all of this!
Your skin becomes oily when your sebaceous glands decide to over secrete sebum. Sebum is a Latin word for oil! Basically Sebum is an oil secreted by your skin. Sebum is actually good for your skin but too much of anything can harm.
I have been receiving lot of queries on how to take care of oily skin lately!
So here are few beauty tips for oily skin!
- Cleansing, wash your face twice or thrice daily to get rid of all the accumulated dirt and oil which leads to clogged pores and break outs etc
- Toning Skin, Use an alcohol free toner for your skin. Toning will help to eliminate excess oil and dirt from your skin. The best toner for oily skin is a good quality Rose water
- Always Moisturise, Moisturising your oily skin is as important as it’s for dry skin. Stripping of oil and not moisturising your skin can cause sebaceous glands to secrete more oil. Use an oil free, hydrating and light moisturiser.
- Apply Sunscreen, Use a mattifying gel based sunscreen. Not using sunscreen can cause pigmentation, brown spots and wrinkles. Importance of sunscreen
- Stay Hydrated, Keep your self hydrated by drinking lots of water. Drinking enough water will help your body to flush out toxins. Indulge into healthy diet, include fruits, lots of greens. Stay away from oily and junk food.
- Exfoliate your skin, exfoliating your skin is really important to get rid of dead skin cells.The excess oil leads to dead skin cells on the skin, causing acne, whiteheads, and blackheads!
- Face masks, Face masks with rice powder, Grams flour, sandalwood powder, Multani mitti, kaolin Clay are really good at absorbing oil. Weekly face masks helps to get rid of that tanned dull skin. DIY Face masks