Hello to all my lovely readers,
I have been receiving lots of query related lip care lately on my social channels, So thought of doing a blog post on it. Your lips needs same attention you give to your skin, In order to have beautiful lips you need to keep your lips hydrated, moisturized and protected from the harsh environment. So here are the solutions to most of your questions on lip care.
How to keep lips hydrated?
Drinking plenty of water will keep your lips hydrated. If you keep your body hydrated your lips will never get dry and flaky. Applying almond oil or coconut oil regularly will keep lips soft & hydrated.
How to remove dead skin cells from lips?
Regular exfoliation will help to get rid dead skin cells from lips. Use a tooth brush to remove dead skin cells from your lips. Dip your tooth brush into warm water and gently brush your lips for a minute. You can use a lip scrub to exfoliate your lips. My favorite lip scrubs are from Juicy Chemistry , Just herbs, Sugarmyylove, Forest Essentials & Lush cosmetics.
You can even make your own Lip Scrubs! Here is an easy DIY Lip scrub.
What are the causes for dark lips?
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Having caffeinated drinks
- Smoking & chewing tobacco
- Using lip products formulated with chemicals
- Not removing lipstick before sleeping
- Medical conditions
How to lighten dark lips?
- Mix SUGAR and LEMON juice, apply on your lips using a finger. Gently rub the mixture in circular motion
- Rub a slice of POTATO on your lips for five minutes.
- Apply cucumber juice on your lips before going sleep.
- Always use a lip balm with spf.
- Apply almond oil before going to sleep.
For effective results do the above mentioned DIY’s regularly for a month.
How to moisturise my lips ?
Apply natural moisturisers like Shea butter, coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, Clarified butter, or fresh aloe Vera gel.
How to keep my lips healthy?
- Breath from nose
- Don’t lick your lips
- Drinks lots of water
- Exfoliate regularly
- Avoid caffeinated drinks, salty and over spicy food.