So, today I’ll be reviewing my current favorite face toner from KIEHL’S, specifically for oily & blemished skin. Let’s find out how it fared for me!
- An iconic Kiehl’s product, formulated in 1964
- While the multipurpose facial astringent was created for use specifically on oily-prone areas, patrons with oilier skin employ it as an all-over toner
- Male customers rely on it as a post-shave facial treatment
- Just ask for the “Blue Stuff”!
AQUA / WATER
PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA / WITCH HAZEL WATER
ALOE BARBADENSIS / ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE
CI 42090 / BLUE 1
Camphor is naturally derived from an eastern evergreen tree. It can give a cooling effect to the skin and is an effective treatment for oily skin.
Menthol is a natural cooling agent, containing 50% peppermint or other mint oils, or made synthetically by hydrogenation of thymol. It is used in skin care to give a cooling effect to skin.
Sodium PCA is a naturally occurring humectant in the skin, partly responsible for the skin’s moisture-binding capacity. It is derived from amino acids and is highly water absorbing. Due to its moisture-binding ability, it is a high performance humectant which increases the skin’s softness when added to products.
HOW TO USE:
- Moisten a sterile cotton pad with facial toner, and apply to skin in areas where needed, avoiding the immediate eye area
- Before applying, we recommend patch-testing a small amount of any cosmetic product on the inside skin of the wrist area to ascertain its compatibility with your skin
- Use with Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser for best results.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH KIEHL’S BLUE ASTRINGENT HERBAL LOTION:
The toner comes in a translucent plastic bottle with a flip top cap. Its a blue liquid which feels refreshing when applied to the skin. It gets quickly absorbed to skin and shrinks the pores size for mattifying effect. This keeps my skin oil free for hours and it helps my make up last longer. I avoid using it everyday as it tends to dry out skin a bit. It did dry out all my acne’s and reduced further breakouts. I use this with KIEHL’S BLUE HERBAL GEL CLEANSER & BLUE HERBAL MOISTURIZER. Over all i love this toner as it unclogs the pores and keeps my skin oil free. I won’t recommend this one for sensitive acne prone skin, as it may sting a lot.