My today’s post will be all about how a cup of rose bud tea has benefitted me in different ways. Rose water has been used for centuries in the Middle East as a beauty ingredient as it has hydrating and soothing abilities, as well as natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. A cup of tea brewed with rose buds have some amazing medicinal properties.
BENEFITS OF ROSE BUD TEA
- REDUCES PERIOD PAIN: Brew a cup of tea and gulp it down at that time of month when you are plagued with monster menstrual cramps that just won’t let up. I have been drinking rose tea for the past 3 months and it really helps! It reduced the heaviness of the flow and eases painful cramping.
- STRESS BUSTER: Anxiety and stress are tough to deal with, and may cause sleeplessness. It helps to alleviate stress and anxiety by easing the mind, induces a peaceful sleep.
- STRONGER IMMUNE SYSTEM: Rose tea is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants which helps in improving the immunity power of your body and prevents various health conditions. Kicks the immune system into high gear to get rid of any infection.
- BEAUTY BENEFITS: The vitamin E and anti-oxidants present in it reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It helps balance the PH in skin, which in return helps control the oil secretion and acne. The anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties helped in reducing my stubborn cystic acne. It Controls hair fall too!
- WEIGHT LOSS: It takes considerable time for the body to lose that post pregnancy belly fat. But since breastfeeding burns good amount of calories a day, even if you lounge comfortably and feed your baby, you could still be losing weight. A good diet can help you in decreasing your post pregnancy belly fat in many ways. Substitute your cola or Frappuccino with Rose tea to control your weight. Eat whatever you want but don’t forget to sip a cup of rose tea between your meals, it will help you to curb hunger pangs.
Rose tea can be made from either dehydrated or fresh rose petals. I used dry organic premium rose buds which is available in Carrefour, Deira city centre. You can even use fresh roses petals, make sure you use organic and pesticide free rose.
This is how i brew my rose tea,
- 2 TBS of organic dried rosebuds.
- Add boiling water and seep for 20 minutes.
- Flavor up with honey.
- You can add pepper to spice up your tea (optional)
Click the below mentioned link to watch on how to make rose tea;
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/Oe__06XrIVY
Have you tried Rose tea? If yes then do share, how it worked for you and if i missed any other benefits of Rose bud tea. ❤