I guess most us have experienced some hair fall at some stage of our lives, for me it was post pregnancy. I wasn’t surprised to find more hair on floor than on my head as i knew that postpartum hair loss is normal! It was heart breaking for me as i had nurtured lustrous, swishy locks all through pregnancy.
After you’ve given birth, your Estrogen levels revert to normal and you experience hair fall! There’s not much you can do to stop this but, with good haircare and dietary habits you can get back your beautiful locks!
Here are few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t wash your hair too often – once or twice a week should be sufficient.
- Eat the right foods and drink a lot of water.
- Indulge in scalp massages.
- Do a weekly deep condition to repair dryness and damage.
- Firstly moisturize your scalp, then your hair.
- Allow hair oils to sit on your hair for 1-2 hours before washing.
- Do not use an anti dandruff shampoo on a regular basis.
- Do not comb wet hair.
- Do not tie your tresses in a bun all the time.
Today i am sharing a recipe of Miracle Hair oil which was given to me by my mom! It is a unique blend of two natural oils with castor oil to cater all hair care needs.
- COCONUT OIL
- ALMOND OIL
- CASTOR OIL
BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL:
- Promotes hair growth
- Reduces protein loss in hair whether the hair was already damaged or not!
- Prevents frizz and promotes shine
- Protects from lice and keep scalp dandruff free as it is anti-fungal & anti-microbial
- Conditions and nourishes dry hair & minimizes split ends
- Treats hair loss and prevents gray hair
- Styling hair. READ MORE.
BENEFITS OF ALMOND OIL:
- Treats Dandruff.
- Prevent Hair Loss and Stimulate Hair Growth.
- Strengthens and Repairs Split Ends.
- Helps Make Hair Shine.
BENEFITS OF CASTOR OIL:
- Encourages Hair Regrowth.
- Treats Dandruff.
- Controls Hair Fall.
- Thickens Hair.
- Natural Conditioner.
- Protects Hair From Damage.
- Darkens Hair
- Mix equal portions of 3 oils together in a glass bottle.
- Warm the oil a little for quicker penetration.
- Massage the mixture into your scalp and from the roots to the tips of your hair.
- Keep it on for atleast 30 minutes or leave it over night.
- Apply the shampoo on your hair and scalp. Massage gently using your fingertips.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water. Use your fingers again to make circular motions along the scalp to wash any leftover shampoo.
- Apply some conditioner to your hair and tips. Keep it on for five minutes.
- The last step is to wash your hair completely with cold water. This step locks and seals the moisture and makes your hair healthy.
I used organic oils to make this miracle hair oil. It really helps to keep my hair healthy and beautiful. Don’t stress about your postpartum hair fall it will subside in few weeks.
Do try it and lemme know the results 🙂