Holi – The festival of Colors, emotions & happiness celebrates the victory of good over evil and the arrival of spring & harvest to come!
The bright Colors carry the message of love & happiness across the country ☺️
Who doesn’t love to look good during festivals and specially during Holi you need to give your skin and hair extra care.. I share few skin & hair care tips.
Pre Holi Skin & Hair Care :
- Apply coconut oil, olive oil, mustard oil, or a baby oil on your face, neck, ear, hands & legs as this will help you in cleansing the color easily.
- Apply coconut oil on hair and scalp.
- Don’t leave your hair open. Tie a pony or braid so that less of your hair is exposed to color.
- keep your lips moisturized with a lip balm preferably containing SPF.
- Keep your skin safe from Colors & sun wearing clothes covering most of your body
Post Holi Skin & Hair Care :
- Avoid using face-wash or soap as it can make your skin dry.
- Make fine paste of gram flour, curd & lemon juice and apply on your face, and areas having color & wash off with lukewarm water.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo. Rinse till water runs clear.
- Use a conditioner which deeply nourishes & smoothness hair! I prefer a hair butter.
- Use a good eye drop to avoid red, puffy eyes.
Celebrate the festival of color without harming the nature! Use organic colors, try playing dry Holi, don’t color animals it itches them and they may lick harmful chemicals.
Play Eco-friendly Holi & stay safe!