Toning is an essential part of my skin care routine & i love to try different DIY homemade all natural Toners.Toner is supposed to help tighten pores and help clean off anything that your face wash missed. Toner can help reduce excess oil production in people with oily skin and prevent acne.
I’d like to share with you this super simple aloe vera toner recipe.
Aloe vera is a cactus plant that belongs to the Liliaceae family. It grows in dry climates such as those found in parts of Africa and India and has been used medicinally for centuries.
Benefits of using aloe vera on skin :
- It acts as a moisturizer : Aloe moisturizes the skin without giving it a greasy feel & For men Aloe vera can be used as an aftershave treatment as its healing properties can treat small cuts caused by shaving.
- It treats sunburn : The healing properties of aloe vera gel can additionally help to reduce the pain and inflammation associated with sunburn. It serves to restore your skin’s natural moisture and also acts as a protective barrier against further damage.
- It fights aging : Aloe vera contains both vitamin C and E, both of which are known to be vital for healthy skin and also help to improve natural firmness, leaving your skin soft, supple and hydrated.Treats the appearance of fine lines and the loss of elasticity of skin.
- It treats acne : The antimicrobial properties of aloe vera also make it an excellent option for acne treatment. Not only will aloe vera help to prevent acne, but it also has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the skin inflammation caused by acne.
DIY ALOE VERA TONER RECIPE
- One cup pure Aloe vera -Half a leaf.
- 4 drops of tea tree oil or any other essential oil
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Spray bottle
- Cut open the aloe vera leaf and extract all the gel from the centre.
- Mix 4 drops of tea tree oil to it
- Add 1/2 cup of filtered water
- mix it well
- Pour into a spray bottle
- Shake it well before use 🙂
It works for all skin types 🙂 So try it out, I would love to hear how it goes for you!