Tea tree oil is truly a rescue oil for many of my skin and hair problems 🙂
So here i share amazing beauty benefits of Tea tree oil for both skin & hair…..
Tea tree oil or melaleuca oil, is an essential oil has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties and is native to Australia & New Zealand.
Tea Tree Oil Benefits For Skin:
- Reduces Acne : It reduces sebum production by the skin and fights off the acne producing bacteria on the skin. It also reduces blemishes, dark spots & this essential oil is excellent for oily and acne prone skin.
- Relief from Razor Burns : A few drops of tea tree essential oil on a piece of cotton when applies on razor burns soothes the skin.
- Cure athlete’s foot and fungal nail infection : You can either boil the tea tree leaves in water or dilute the essential oil in water and apply over the affected areas to get instant results. It soothes the skin and reduces the redness and itching.
- Skin treatments : Tea tree oil can be a good cure for corns, warts, wounds and ringworm. Undiluted oil can be applied on the warts. They will disappear themselves. This oil can also be used for healing wounds and cuts.
DIY TEA TREE OIL FACE MASK FOR ACNE:
Combine 1 tablespoon honey with 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil.Also add 1 tablespoon of yogurt to it and mix well.Apply it on your face and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes.Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.You will start noticing a smooth, acne-free skin if you apply it every alternate day.
Tea Tree Oil Benefits For Hair:
- Prevents hair fall : It very effective in preventing hair fall. It helps to restore all the lost nutrients from the hair.
- Fights Dandruff and Lice : Tea Tree oil has been used as an effective treatment for dandruff & lice for many years. Just add a few drops of Tea Oil mixed in with your usual shampoo; wash and rinse out as usual.
- Promotes healthy hair growth : A few drops of tea oil, mixed with a carrier oil (olive oil, coconut oil or sweet almond oil) massaged into your scalp will unclog the hair follicles, nourish the roots and help to induce hair growth. Always remember to mix with a carrier oil first as, on its own, Tea Tree oil is too strong for direct application to your skin.
- Treatment for dry scalp : Mix some Tea Tree oil with a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil or sweet almond oil and massage gently into the hair and scalp; leave for about half an hour before washing out. Oils will moisturize and nourish your scalp and clear any blockages in the pores.
There are many brands available in the market but i chose one from The bodyshop & its magical has reduced the acne and is very effective in spot treatment.
Targeted care for blemished skin. Can be used direct on skin.
• Has antibacterial properties
• Does not dry out skin
HOW TO USE:
Apply directly to skin using fingertips or a cotton bud.
Price: 695 INR for 10ml
Available on all Body Shop Outlets, find your nearest BODY SHOP OUTLET.